Sunday, November 30, 2008

And the winner is...

BULGARIA!

(It's okay, I had to get out my map too. It's the teal-ish country toward the bottom right. Directly above Greece and Turkey.)



In May I'll head out to Bulgaria to spend the next 27 months working and serving. I'm so excited! Obviously I was shocked when I opened up the letter and saw "Bulgaria" and not some country in Africa. For some reason I'd just expected that but I'm pumped nonetheless. From the beginning of this journey I've been trying to go in God's direction so I have absolutely no doubt that this is where I should be going!

Even crazier, there's a girl from ACU who was a year behind me and already in Bulgaria for PC. She's been there since the summer. I didn't know her there but thanks to facebook, I've already started messaging her.

The next five and a half months will definitely be a journey. I mean, seriously, has anyone ever seen the Bulgarian language?!? YIKES.

6 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

I am so excited for you and am anxious for you to share on your blog all of your feelings and hope you keep us updated onyour progreess to get ready for this terrific experience.

Love the new look of your blog. This is so V-A-L-E-R-I-E

Catherine said...

Yeah!! I can't wait to come visit!! What an exciting journey this is for you!!!

Unknown said...

whoa dude. CRAAZZYYY!! that's super exciting though. good luck learning the language...im jealous that you're going to be able to speak bulgarian :)

i'll start praying for your 27mo. overseas NOW!

Carrie Jo Howard said...

HOW EXCITING VAL GOOOOODE! I'm sorry we've been playing phone tag all week... I'll try you again today after work. I love you and I'm so glad you'll be in TX still whenever we move down there... we'll have a couple of months to hang out like the good ole days before you head out! I love you so so much!

vicki said...

I look forward to learning Bulgarian with you! At least recognizing some of the letters. that way I can be a confident tourist on my visits. And that's a cool map you drew!

Lyndsey said...

comment