Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week Two: Finished Early

Monday night I went ahead and made my Week Two recipe: Pork Chops with Caramelized Onions.

It was good. Although I had higher ambitions to actually use the Slow Cooker but when I got home from work my mom said, "Why don't you just do those now?" So being the obliging/gracious/fantastic daughter I am, I gave her the night off. (The recipe has it for both oven and slow cooker so it wasn't an issue!)

Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Slow Cooking
(This is a fantastic cookbook, you should get it!)

The ingredients which were all on hand (Except you're supposed to use two yellow onions but I was using what was available!).

The dish.

I realize this presentation doesn't look as good as it tasted. We also had mashed potatoes and I probably  should've taken the picture once I scooped the pork chop and onions onto the potatoes. Live and learn, eh?

At least I'm two for two so far.

(Tonight I made a Chicken Coconut Curry with Couscous. Williams-Sonoma sells a Coconut Curry starter - not the cheapest thing but the taste and ease of cooking is worth the cost! Dinner was pretty good if I do say so myself...)

Now, if the weather would only go back up to 65 degrees and sunny... that'd help resolution number two.
  Or I could go to the gym. But I'll sit at my computer and blame my lack of exercise on the weather instead! :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't help but notice you made no mention of the roasted cabbage wedges...and I really did think you had said you were going to do the pork chops earlier, much earlier, in the day. It was a very good dinner! Let's do it again someday!

Unknown said...

Looks good! Keep up the good work!