Saturday, June 07, 2008

It's Official!

For the big news... on July 3, I'm moving to Tucson, AZ. I have put in my 2 weeks at PFS so it is now public knowledge. Why am I moving you ask? Well, there are some big changes happening in my life.

I'm moving to Tucson mainly to hang out with Catherine before she gets married. And I thought now would also be a good time to check out a new scenery and move out of Texas for awhile. (I've been saying that since before I graduated.) But don't worry, I'll only be in Arizona for a little while because the HUGE change that is happening is...

I was accepted into the Peace Corps! I still don't know where I'm going because I have to get all the medical clearances done before they'll tell me. I know that I'm going in the Spring of 2009 so I still have a year-ish here. I'm beyond excited! It's a 27 month commitment but anyone will be allowed to come visit! More info about the PC to come. :)

Anyways, Catherine will fly into Dallas on July 2, and we'll pack up my car. Early on the 3rd, we'll get on the road to Tucson. And I'm seriously only taking what will fit in my car. It's going to be crazy but no doubt it'll be fun! Here is my soon to be residence... the house and a view from the backyard.


7 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Groovy! Glad we're allowed to talk about it now and am looking forward to my fabulous international vacation!

Lauren said...

ummm...i know you told me not to look but i've been waiting becuase you told on your last that there was big news to come and i had a feeling it was going to be something along these lines. we def need to talk. this is so val. except the peace corps thing...not sure exactly what that is but hopefully you can explain it.

Jacci said...

you're such an adventurer! you better come hang out with us before you leave for tuscon. :( love you MUCH.

vicki said...

Exciting times!! But I will miss you...so be in touch early and often, and send money home...jk...lylaf

Jan Kelley said...

veeves.....i am thrilled for you on all counts......i am so happy for your spirit of sdventure and you confidence in the decisions you are making.....what a life....i love my veeves...i love all of my Goode girls....i am thrilled for you....i finally figured out how to leave a comment....life is good....cant wit to talk to you....jj

Brooks Inc. said...

So excited for you Val! YOU ROCK! Did I just date my self by saying that? :)

I too am so thrilled for all you are doing What a blast!

Love you!

BJB

Chelsea said...

How exciting! I have never been to Arizona, but I seems like a cool place to visit. Congrats on the Peace Corps, I can't even imagine how exciting that must be for you. Good luck with everything!